Motorboat Mechanics & Service Technicians
Repair and adjust electrical and mechanical equipment of inboard or inboard-outboard boat engines.
Also called: Marine Mechanic, Marine Technician, Mechanic, Service Technician
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- customer service
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Description: People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need
- Attention to Detail
Analytical or scientific software
- CDI Electronics M.E.D.S.
- Outboard engine diagnostic software
certificate after high school