Compose letters or electronic correspondence in reply to requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit and other information, delinquent accounts, incorrect billings, or unsatisfactory services. Duties may include gathering data to formulate reply and preparing correspondence.
Also called: Correspondence Coordinator, Dispute Resolution Analyst, Office Technician, Technical Clerk
- administrative services
- customer service
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by writing
- read and understand what is written
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
Description: People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control